Founded in 1917, Musselburgh Holders Allotment Association occupied a site near Campie Gardens with 37 plots. A move, next to Monktonhall Farm occurred in 1946. This was a 5.7 acre site which the Town Council paid £850 for. The site was subdivided into 40 plots with a yearly rent of £1-0-0 for a full plot and £0-10-0 for a half plot. Notice to quit Monktonhall was served in 1968 to make way for housing, now Mayfield Crescent. The proposed new allotment site lay between Edenhall and Inveresk Village. The Town Council offered to secure the land with a fence and put in a water supply as an inducement to accept the site. In March 1968 the allotments were re-located and have remained there since. The initial layout comprised 24 full sized plots taking up 2/3 of the allocated ground. The last 1/3 was set aside for council ground care and nursery. This area was ceded to the Association in two phases, March 1994 and March 2000. Thus allowing the association to create a further 16 new half plots in total.
Extract from Minutes pdf : sgm1968